Family Nurse Practitioner
Advance Your Nursing Career
UNH’s Master of Science in nursing program offers a family nurse practitioner option that provides graduates with the specialized knowledge and clinical competency to practice as primary care providers to individuals, families and groups.
Key Program Highlights:
- Choose full or part-time. Can be completed in three to four semesters of full-time study, including one summer. Individual plans are available for those wishing to pursue part-time study.
- National certification: As a graduate you’ll be eligible to sit for national FNP exams.
- Fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- Outstanding faculty: Our faculty participate in meaningful research and bring real-world experience to the classroom and clinical settings.
- Autonomy: Upon licensure family nurse practitioners can practice independently depending on their state's scope of practice, as well as in collaboration with other healthcare professionals.
- Many scholarships available through the Advanced Nursing Education Workforce (ANEW) grant for students interested in rural and underserved areas.
Full-time and part-time options available
State-supported family nurse practitioner program in New Hampshire
UNH nurse practitioner graduates who practice in New Hampshire
Placement rate in field of study
There are many reasons graduate students choose UNH. Here are just a few.
Numerous scholarships are available for students pursuing a graduate degree in nursing.
UNH graduate faculty are recognized leaders in their fields
UNH is a top-tier research university
Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
“At a time when the primary care shortage leaves dozens of openings unfilled each year, nurse practitioners step up and assume greater leadership roles in healthcare. UNH’s nursing program makes this easier by educating generations of students in the evidence-based practice and independent thinking for which UNH is recognized nationally and globally.” Christina Ferreri ’02G, President, New Hampshire Nurse Practitioner Association
Find Your Career Path
You’re ready to work with passion and purpose - and earn what you’re worth. That’s why your next move matters. This survey will get you from finding your path to building your dream career in minutes.